Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fiddle your way to bliss!



Here's a fabulous example of new story telling from a friend of mine.

In-joy!

Carol Taktikian decided one morning that she was a brilliant fiddler. Read on and be astounded by her account of what happened:

"Ok you guys, This is gonna rock your world.

I decided yesterday morning that today I am going to walk the walk of someone who is an awesome fiddle player. I have seen many, DC from this list being one.

Our group, The Possum Pickers, were scheduled to do a contra dance after a round of classes at a Pioneer Settlement near my home. I went to my fiddle class walking the walk and it ended up being me and 3 other long time fiddle players of like 30 years experience each.

I walked in with my 2 and 1/2 yrs experience like I was one of them. I can tell you in the not so distant past, I would have felt very intimidated and probably been so self conscious that I wouldn't have learned a thing. But no, I was walking the walk that day... and yes, I kept right up with them and learned everything they learned.

I came out of that class on cloud nine. I was dancing around like a crazy person and my friend said......boy that must have been some class. lol

But no, thats not the best part at all. It got better!

When it was time for us to get on stage and start the dance.....I noticed some commotion and over heard our lead fiddle player saying he had an emergency at his house and had to go. I didn't think much of it until we all sat down to play and instead of me playing the guitar.........they all looked at me to lead, yes oh yes......ON THE FIDDLE.

I lead on the fiddle and never felt so good, or more confident in my whole life. I was so glad I didn't know about it until the last minute, because I didn't have time to worry that I wouldn't be able to handle it.

But I did handle it and I did a fantastic job! I just KNEW it was the next logical step. I knew the Universe lined it up for me.....because I was walking the walk of a great fiddle player that day. And I can promise you that I will walk this same walk every single day for the rest of my life!!!!

I can barely wait to try a different walk. Oh what fun! Thank you so much W for suggesting this game. IT WORKS LIKE A MAGIC CHARM.

But I know, deep inside me that it was my vibrational "walk" that did the trick. I am still soaring........YaHoooooooooo

And by the way, the emergency turned out to only be a loss of electricity, which set off some alarms or something, so it was nothing serious. So, get out there you guys, and walk the walk.

One Happy, Happy girl, Carol"

No comments: