Saturday, February 21, 2009

Choose joy


Have you taken the opportunity to become aware of your current story? What is it?

Is it a tale of woe?

A fairy tale?

Or a horror movie?

How about a story of endless miracles?

A montage of all of the above?

How we frame our story ALWAYS affects the way it plays out.

What if you took the opportunity to reframe your story?

What if the beginning of your story went something like this: "And I woke up to know deep in my soul that this was indeed the BEST DAY EVER!"?

Or even: "And I woke up this morning intending to find reasons to feel the best I possibly could!"

How would that feel?

A little different than: "Oh geez another day in this mess of a life. Why don't I just go back to sleep..."

You don't even have to wait until you wake up tomorrow morning to start this you know! You can start right now :)

This outlook WILL shift your entire day. I promise.

And what if you knew the ending went something like this: "...because everything always works out for me."

That might really affect the story as it unfolded, yes?

I invite you to try it. And let me know how it goes.

I'll be back with more personal examples from my fairy-tale life very soon!

Until then, BEST DAY EVER to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great message, Sheri! Joy is the purpose of our Being... we just need to choice to let it bloom freely. I expressed my knowing of this in the poem found at the link below.

http://allpoetry.com/poem/3150028

Rahad