Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wouldn't it be nice if...?


I have a game for you.

Do you like games?

Good!

The game is called "Wouldn't It Be Nice If?" and it is inspired by one of my favorite teachers, Abraham-Hicks.

It is very simple to play. You just say "wouldn't it be nice if ______?" and fill in the blank with something you'd love to have in your life -- and then forget about it. That's all.

This simple question works miracles. Try it!

Go ahead, do it now...I'll wait!

Wouldn't it be nice if...?

Go ahead, do it. Say it out loud or in your head. Its all the same.

Now soak in the feeling.

This game works because it allows you to be in the feeling state of what you desire without all the other crap that can come up, like "how could that happen? Or "I don't deserve that." Or "Yeah right..."

And it does work.

Before I even knew about the game I was playing it and having great success. I just didn't fully realize it until the miracles started to add up.

Seriously, over the years I would offer offhand comments about things I wanted to have in my life -- and then when the perfect moment arrived, so did the manifestations.

Here are just a few of the best things I created with this game:

- The perfect school for my sons. A place where they get to tell their own story every minute of every day. I just said one day how it would be great to have a Sudbury School in the area and I let it go. Several years later through a series of "weird coincidences" I met up with a group who was starting such a school and voila!

- I used to "joke" with folks that I could eat all raw food if I just had someone who was willing to do the prep with me. And how great it would be to have a live-in energy healer. And I had many conversations with my close friend where I essentially said "Wouldn't it be nice to have a partner who was on a similar spiritual path, did healing work, was into being very conscious in our relationship, and with whom I could travel and teach classes." Voila, through a series of "weird coincidences" I met the love of my life, Michael. He's "all that" and MORE!

- I mentioned to Michael (when we were living 175 miles apart) that I thought it would be nice to have an extra car. Within weeks, he was the owner of a new car, for free.

- Back in December I said to Michael wouldn't it be nice to be on the beach in a warm place this winter. I had no idea how it would happen, but I actually felt very confident that it would unfold. Shockingly, through a series of "weird coincidences", we have the opportunity to be spend 5 nights right on the beach in San Diego next month! All you Abers out there know the significance of San Diego. (I'll share the San Diego story with the rest of you soon!)

The common thread in all of these was that I made lighthearted comments about things I would love to have in my life and then I released the thoughts.

Weird coincidences ensued.

And miracles unfolded.

I could never have predicted the means through which any of these would manifest.

Life is supposed to be good.

Wouldn't it be nice if...?

Give it a try.

Your new story is calling...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing, Sheri. Your writing and your spirit just touch me so much. And YES, every miracles is possible for us--let's keep holding that amazing high vibration!!! :-)